Look, I know that you have a lot going on. You are in constant motion. Non-stop.
But when was the last time that you invested in yourself? I mean, specifically, intentionally made an investment of time, money, energy or emotion? Note my intentional use of the word ‘invested’… not spent, used or paid.
An investment yields results that will ultimately serve you well into the days ahead. Furthermore, a consistent investment in yourself can (and will) bolster your confidence, increase your knowledge and enhance your credibility. Not sure where to start? Consider these straightforward ways to support yourself starting today:
1) Learn: Educate yourself about a topic – any subject that appeals to you. Take a dance class, explore a new cooking technique or figure out the best way to use Tableau. Every learning experience won’t necessarily be funded by a sponsor, so whether it is for free or for a fee, think about how you want to grow and find a way to make it happen.
2) Sleep: Get some shuteye. Lots of it when you can… Rest is a beautiful, necessary thing. Seriously. You can be more effective when you are energized and physically ready to meet the challenges that the world brings on a daily basis.
3) Meditate: Make room for your thoughts. Meditation need not involve hours of deep breathing and guided mantras if that isn’t your thing. Reserve time (even 10 minutes will do) to center your mind on your intentions for the day. A transcendental experience isn’t required to benefit from a bit of mindful behavior.
4) Move: Engage in the world around you. Whether it is a leisurely walk around the neighborhood or a sweaty spin class on a Thursday night. Activate your body, stretch your limbs and investigate your environs. Your physical self will thank you for the oxygen and the opportunity for renewal.
5) Love: The charge here is simple – Love yourself unconditionally and undeniably. Make a sincere effort to forgive, reward and celebrate yourself regularly. Let the people you value know what they mean to you without delay. Reflect the love you have for others towards yourself.
Think about it: If you don’t, won’t or can’t invest in yourself, who else will do it? Make a step towards the best version of your future self. What action can you take today on your own behalf?
Engineer Your Bliss Challenge: What will you do to invest in yourself?
Let me know your thoughts on Facebook.